Taking good care of your skin is very important as it is not just for appearance but it is a form of self-care. This is why it is important to have a well-thought-out skincare routine on a daily basis. Most of you might be having a daily skincare routine which might be simple and not elaborate, to help maintain your skin. But once in a while, it’s really good to get professional help to take care of your skin.
Now, let’s take a look at the 5 facial etiquette tips to keep in mind to be better prepared for your next facial, to ensure you have the absolute best experience possible:
1) Be gentle with your skin: On the day of your facial, make sure you do very mild or gentle skincare as per your routine, as it is important to ensure the skin is not irritated prior to any facial procedures. Avoid the use of any sort of exfoliating products or scrubs within 3-4 days of receiving a facial. Even though exfoliation is an important part of any skincare regimen; daily exfoliation can cause irritation to the skin and make it more prone to various skin problems.
2) Avoid Make-up before a Facial: Your skin can be better treated if it’s clean just before a facial. Allowing your skin to breathe allows the esthetician to fully understand your skin and see what works best for it. Additionally, any facial treatment begins with washing and cleansing your face, so you may even save yourself some time during the treatment.
3) Know Your Major Skincare Concerns: During your initial consultation, your aesthetician will explain the details of your facial treatment. Be sure to speak with your facialist about any potential side effects you have on any product or chemical. This could also help them create a customized facial treatment that suits your skin conditions.
4) Know your skincare products: Depending on what kind of treatment you need, estheticians find knowing what products you’ve been using so far very helpful. It is also beneficial for you to get expert advice from your professional if the current products are addressing your skin care concerns or not. In both ways, you must have a general idea of the products you use regularly.
5) Prevent sun exposure before & after the facial: Sun exposure can cause your skin to become dehydrated and sensitive to sunburns. Therefore, avoid getting a facial treatment immediately after exposure to sunlight since your skin could react to the active ingredients found in certain products used. And immediately following a facial, your skin is raw, so the best way to ensure the ingredients sink in is to keep it out of the sun.
Every facial is different, and if you’re looking for more immediate results, it’s best to speak with your facialist to get an idea of what treatment would work best for you. As long as you prep beforehand, your skin is sure to look great.
Looking to get a facial in Melbourne? Lapeau Medi.Spa offers a wide range of tailor-made skincare services with the most advanced technology devices and an innovative cosmeceutical range that ensures complete client satisfaction.